Search This Blog

Friday, October 26, 2012

Week before halloween

With the beginning of the week in Introduction to Publication we have done a variety of things.
Starting with a change in schedule.

The change being, we completed yet another section of the infamous Digital Drivers License. Unlike the others, this one was stressing online safety and who a person is online.

 Over all, this week's digital literacy component was alright, though there is the fact that I believe a large portion of the questions were opinionated.

Which confused me greatly, other than that minor problem. I had no difficulties what-so-ever.

 With the videos this section had, I was able to learn things about safety and who I am online.

 Since I my self play MMORPGs, and RPGS.

On there, as a normal safety precaution I never have my avatar share characteristics with myself.
For example, My avatar on DeviantArt is the same as my Google avatar.
The differences between my true appearance will be listed:

Photo belongs to myself. created at: Faceyourmanga

  • I do not have elven features, such as the ears.
  • My hair is not cropped, it is almost waist-length 
  • My eyes are not blue
  • I do not have a tattoo on my face, nor anywhere on my body.
As the week continued on, we had watched a film and discussed more about avatars.

To help us learn about them, we copied down some definitions:

  • Avatar- Image or graphic that represents you online.
  • Persona- Image  or personality that you portray to others.
  • Anonymous- Hidden identity.
  • Inhibited- Being careful or restrained about your actions or impulse.
  • Represent- How you present yourself to others.
Knowing these terms, we viewed multiple photos of people and their avatars.
We listed multiple differences and why we think they changed their appearance, and made themselves look differently online.

We then, took the new knowledge and applied it in our web2.0 tool this week. Which was Glogster!
My glog is below.



On the glog, we were told to give 5 tips to staying real online, and keeping yourself out of trouble.

With Glogster, it is a fabulous tool! I absolutely love it!!!!!
I've used it since seventh grade, and I was shocked at how much it had improved! It is great for projects, and presentations.

There are really no flaws with this program from my point of view, it is super simple and fun to use!

Now, by knowing these things. I now will watch what I say online, because it could really screw my future up. For many reasons, but with knowing this I might still make my avatar look different from my true appearance, for safety reasons.

Overall, My week was wonderful and I enjoyed learning about these things, since they were quite interesting!

1 comment:

  1. Good post overall, and did you get the opinionated question thing from me? It did not show up in your posts until now.

    Anyway, I do not see many errors and I do not have to nit-pick now, so good job.

    ReplyDelete